At Green Dentistry in San Francisco, Dr. Patel works with patients to eliminate their dental anxiety and get the care they need. In today’s article, we’ll review the techniques Dr. Patel uses to help her patients get the care they need.
Let’s get started.
What causes dental anxiety and dental phobia?
Generally speaking, our patients’ dental anxieties and dental phobias have two main causes:
- A past experience at another dentist
- Uncertainty and fear of the unknown
Overcoming negative dental experiences & conquering your fears
Whether you have bad memories of visiting the dentist as a child or as an adult, the effects can be long lasting and devastating. If you’re worried about what your dentist might find or what treatment you might need, try to put those fears aside. It’s just too easy to build up negative thoughts and fears that have no basis in reality.
Here’s how to overcome these obstacles:
- Talk to Dr. Patel about your fears and past negative experiences. Ask questions and be an active participant in your treatment. You’ll feel in control and better about your visit to the dentist.
- Learn about the high-tech and minimally invasive treatment options we offer at Green Dentistry. You’ll be amazed at how dentistry changed in the past few years. Between sedation options and other techniques, modern dentistry can be virtually pain free.
- Look forward to a future filled with beautiful and healthy teeth and gums.
Your anxiety-free experience starts in our waiting area
Start your relaxing dental experience in our luxurious waiting area
From the moment you walk in our door, you’ll see that Green Dentistry isn’t like isn’t like any dentist you’ve ever visited before. Our waiting room is thoughtfully designed to be a relaxing space. The colors are cool and calming, the chairs are comfortable, and you’ll feel like you’re sitting in a high-end spa, not a dentist’s office. Before your appointment begins, you’ll start to feel at ease and relaxed instead of anxious and worried.
You’ll love Green Dentistry’s one-of-a-kind Patient Comfort Menu
Warm towels are just the beginning!
When you visit us for your appointment, you’ll be able to review our Patient Comfort Menu and choose the amenities you need to make yourself feel comfortable, relaxed, and at ease. Our comfort menu includes:
- Warm neck wrap
- Cold neck wrap
- dōTERRA® Deep Blue pain relieving ointment
- Hot face towel
- Bite block/jaw rest
- Nitrous oxide
- Topical anesthetic for sensitive gums
- Ibuprofen pain relief
- Chlorhexidine rinse for sore throats
- Filtered water
- On-guard immune boosting tea by dōTERRA®
- Chai tea
- iPod for movies and music
- Noise-cancelling headphones
“They make you feel super comfortable by giving you warm neck wraps and more”
– Mona, San Francisco, CA
Amazing modern treatment options designed for your comfort
Forget everything you thought you knew about cavities, fillings, and other dental treatments. At Green Dentistry we’ve taken a high-tech approach to minimizing anxiety. Instead of relying on old-fashioned treatment options, we’ve invested in the latest technology. Our treatments allow us to:
- Work faster and more efficiently
- Help you feel more comfortable and relaxed
- Produce better cosmetic results without sacrificing durability or function
Ask about our modern and comfortable approach to:
- Crowns – Made in just 1 visit without any temporaries, our crowns are fast, non-invasive, and built to last
- Gum Rejuvenation – Reverse gum recession in one minimally-invasive and non-surgical treatment
- Dental Exams – We look beyond your teeth and focus on your whole body health, overall wellness, and happiness
- Invisalign Clear Braces – Straighten your teeth without the pain and hassle of metal braces
“I’m the biggest chicken ever when it comes to the dentist but Dr. Patel was so patient, soothing, empathetic and kind to me.”
– Katy, Alameda, CA.
Sedation dentistry customized just for you
In addition to our calming office, patient comfort menu, and approach to high-tech minimally-invasive care, we also offer a variety of custom sedation dentistry options designed to meet your needs. Sedation dentistry is a safe and effective method to further reduce anxiety during your dental treatments.
- Iatrosedation – Dr. Patel is trained in this unique drug-free approach to sedation. Her actions, words, and behaviors are carefully chosen to put you at ease.
- NLP sedation – Another non-medical option, Dr. Patel’s neuro-linguistic programming training allows her to help patients relax.
- Nitrous oxide – Helps you feel calm and at-ease during your treatment. Requires no time to recover and has no lasting effects.
The health benefits of regular dental appointments
Don’t make the mistake of ignoring your dental health. When you work with a dentist you trust, you’ll reap amazing health benefits. Benefits include:
- Research shows good dental health leads to decreased risk of heart disease, diabetes, and other health problems
- Early detection of dental health problems allows for minimally invasive treatment options
- A smile you’ll want to show the world
- Confidence that you’re in control of your health
If you suffer from dental anxiety or dental phobia, schedule your appointment with San Francisco’s best dentist
“After having several nightmare experiences with other places, it was very refreshing to find someone who goes out of her way to save teeth! Dr. Patel is not your typical dentist Everything in her office is organic and smells great.”
– Ivette T.
Dr. Patel is always accepting new patients and is ready to help you get the care you need.
Remember: New patients get a first exam, digital x-rays, and cleaning all for only $250. Same day appointments are available!
Schedule your appointment today. Let’s talk about how you can look and feel your very best.